Nagar pathardi road;
12km distance from Ahmednagar city
Six miles from the City on a hill called Shah Dongar, stands the tomb of Salabat khan, visible for miles across the plains which spread 900 feet below the monument. The sepulchral monument is octagonal in shape. Sunlight plays on the tomb thought the day, streaming through slanted apertures in the vault.
Sometimes mistakenly referred to as the Mahal of chand bibi by local residents, this in fact the tomb of Salabat KhanII, the famous minister of the fourth Nizam shah, Murtaza who ascended the throne in 1565. A great statesman, Salabat Khan was appointed minister in 1579, after the half-mad Murtaza put to death his regent, Changiz Khan,in a fit of suspicion and rage. Salabat Khan was respected and loved by the people of Ahmednagar.